Monday, June 14, 2010

I have never been so frustrated......

with a block. I have made this block over four times now and each time I get a different size.

Before I decided to host this swap I made a dummy block to make sure that it would work. Honestly, it was a little off but I knew I could stretch it.

Today, I started making my blocks for the swap and no matter what I did, it wouldn't work. I did get the idea to use a bigger square with which to cut the corner triangles.. and that does seem to help.

I have had five people drop out between the Civil War Swap and 1930's swap to the point where I had to cancel the 30's swap. I feel so bad.

So, today I emailed the Civil War group and am leaving it in their hands... cancel or continue. I no many of these ladies have made an investment in fabric and time... this has never happened to me before. UGH!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.... I guess I just needed a few shoulders to cry on.

Hugs!

7 comments:

Erin O. said...

I'm sorry this block is a pain. I still would love to do a swap, why don't we pick a different block and do it again. This wasn't your fault and I love that we were swapping such a different block. I'd love to help you head up a new swap if you want.

Yvette said...

I have seen paper pieced patterns for this block, maybe that would be easier??

Caroline in NH said...

I haven't started on my blocks yet. We're going on vacation next week (just for the week) and we've been a little busy here getting ready for our farm sitter. I was planning to do the blocks when we get back. I've bought the background fabric & 6 or 8 fat quarters.

Whatever gets decided, I'll go with that. If the swap is cancelled, well, the civil war repros are some of my favorites; I'm sure they'll get used. If you decide to go with a paper-pieced block, I'm OK with that; if you decide to go with a different album block, I'm OK with that too. And as I said, if you decide to cancel, I haven't bought anything I wouldn't have chosen for myself anyway.

I'm sorry this is causing you such stress.

julieQ said...

I am so sorry, Nancy...I sure hope it works out for you! I would love to swap some blocks later in the fall when I have time to breath. You are a wonderful swap mamma!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Sorry to hear of your headaches....does not sound fun.

CreativeHands said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated. Erin has a great suggestion for choosing a different block...

I am happy to finish the swap either way!

julie said...

So sorry the block has caused you such angst. I cut all my muslin squares larger and then cut them into the appropriate triangles and then trimmed back the block to 10 1/2" after construction was completed. This worked perfectly for me.