Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Ever-Changing, Evolution of a Quilter's Creative Cave.....


In other words, I re-arranged again.

I had to. For those of you who have read me in the past, you know I moved about every three years growing up (Dad worked for GE). Needless to say I finally figured out that my urge to rearrange furniture is probably psychological since I had the opportunity (or hell) to move into a new house so often.

Anyway, one of my goals for this holiday break was to clean up and re-arrange (is that one word?) the Quilting Cave (I wonder if I can change my blog name to that.... but that would confuse everyone).

I was feeling a little overwhelmed with school stuff; writing a new unit and over-thinking as I usually do, when I said 'to hell with it', put the school stuff in a nice neat pile in the other room, and starting moving things around.

The two guiding elements was keeping the flap up on my Horn cabinet and not having my back to the overhead light. Well, maybe there is one more element - hubby won't let me block registers or air returns (he so practical - I love him).

So this is what I came up with. I actually have room under the table, not blocking the register, since the flap is up on the table (do you keep your flap up??? hehehe)

Now I need to find a chair without arms on it........ that will mean a trip over to the in-laws when it isn't windy.

Quilty Hugs!!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

I didn't move a lot growing up, but I am a rearranger, too. Always looking for the optimal set up! I like yours. I don't have a leaf on my table, but if I did, I would want it always up and ready to go.

Pat said...

Sorry...I just CANNOT be looking at sewing rooms that are better organized than mine!!! LOL