Saturday, January 16, 2010

A day late and a sashing short............


Starting this new teaching position has put me back to square one. Even though I have inherited a great deal of material, I want to put my own twist on it, which translates into a lot of work because I'll want it 'just right'.

Last I missed the Friday Night Sew-in, so I'm allowing myself some sewing time this morning. Nothing major, just some scrappy blocks that I made at a guild retreat a couple of years ago. I got the pattern from Kim . Oh wow!! This tutorial was posted in October, 2008... so it has been a while since I made these.

So my UFO challenge each month is more to allow myself the 15 minutes a day to sew and then if I get something finished from my list on the sidebar I have an added bonus.

Quilty Hugs!

3 comments:

Lissa Jane said...

I nearly forgot the Friday Night Sew IN.. I did manage to get some stuffs done even thoughI was tired (alcohol)
I wanna three column blog too ! wahh!!!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Here's to finding the quilting time when you can!! Trust me! I know all about it (come vball season).

Yeah, ahh....the UFO challenge; ya...ummm...maybe tomorrow I'll tackle a UFO???

Morah said...

Starting a new classroom is soooo exciting, invigorating, annoying, and work. I can't imagine doing it in the middle of the year!It'll all be worth it in the end though.