Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

And another UFO is born.........


I allowed myself some sewing time today; and while my original goal was 15 minutes, it turned into a lot more. I wanted to get these blocks into a top. So most of the top is done, but I'm going to have to make some half blocks/half sashing pieces for around the sides so that the star cornerstones are complete.

The pattern is from Kim.... and dates back to October, 2008 (that is when I made the blocks)

Adding this to the UFO pile..............

13 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh, I love this quilt!

Kaye said...

Nancy, I Love the quilt pattern! Did you design it and how big are the blocks? Its really a great way to use up that stash we just can't throw away. Great Job

Barb said...

Looks totally wonderful...love your colors....

scraphappy said...

That top looks great. Even if it is still technically a UFO, it is much closer to being done than before. That is a happy feeling.

Melinda said...

I like it. It is scrappy at its best. You must have had fun playing with this.

Pat Deck said...

You'd better keep your doors locked, Nancy! I'm on my way up the turnpike to your house to steal that quilt!!! I really really like it. I already bookmarded Kim's tutorial. Her version is more traditional scrappy -- yours is more modern and whimsical.

Piecefulafternoon said...

That is a beautiful quilt - I love the scrappiness of it.

Quilter In Paradise said...

great quilt! great stash buster, too along with scraps and anything that you just don't want anymore..
gonna put this in my 'someday' pile!
Thanks for sharing
Beth in Dallas

SheilaC said...

Beautiful!!!! I love the colors.

SheilaC

Karin said...

Oh - what a gorgeous quilt!!! Love the colors

pajudie said...

Ohhh - love those stars!!!
Judie

Jan said...

What a gorgeous top!

julieQ said...

I love your quilt, it is absolutely darling! It is on my bucket list...for someday.