Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Weather......... can you guess????


Yep, it's snowing!!!! Our first big snow of the year. Actually the first big snow we've had in quite a few years. We are due for a hard winter; the last one we had with alot of snow was six years ago. Something told me this would be the year we get hit again.

I woke up at 4 am and looked out the window; not much happening at that time. By the time I got up at 7:30, things were well-coated. This picture was taken around noon.

So hubby and the kids are out shoveling the snow away from the doors. The crock-pot is cooking up a Cranberry Pork Roast. The kids decorated the tree and I got domestic and made chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter chocolate kiss cookies.

Now I might get some sewing done.

Snowy hugs!




5 comments:

Barb said...

Just can't get any better than that!!

Suzan said...

I am having the same kind of day - left the house around 8am to get some cookie baking supplies and made 10 dozen ricotta cookies and started on chocolate chip. I managed to get some sewing in - a crayon roll for my grandniece and finished a purse. Looks like they are calling for snow again here on Christmas Day. That would be just about perfect!!

Pat said...

I hope they are wrong about it being a hard winter...I always worry about the daughter and her hubby being able to get out safely to work in it (since both need to work to make ends meet). Your day, though, sounds charming!

Jan said...

Gorgeous photo! Something you just don't see in FL, that's for sure. Stay warm and stay safe and Merry Christmas to you and yours :)

Linda said...

Today is our turn. We are up to 10 inches and still snowing. I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas--have a great holiday vacation. I'm anxious to read how much your Secret Santa friend loved her quilt piece.

Merry Christmas,
Linda