Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010 UFO Challenge


Amy emailed me today asking if I was going to organize another UFO Challenge. Why not????

I'll admit, I didn't get as many done as I wanted to last year, but it really got me to thinking about all the things I do need to get done. I have learned to set small goals for myself, and this challenge is a great way to help me reach some of those goals.

So here is the info:

1. Choose 10 of your UFOs. List them on a piece of paper, 1-10. Once you choose your ten UFOs, make a list and post it on your side bar. Then as you complete them, you can cross them out (if you know the HTML language for that); remove them from the list and/or create a completed list.

2. Each month, from January through October, I will choose a number 1-10 That is the UFO you will work on to complete during that month. (Let's take November and December off this year.... so crazy around the holidays.)

For example: if the number 4 is chosen in January, then I would work on whatever is #4 on my list

3. You have the month to finish the UFO and post a picture of it on your blog. Let me know it is finished so that I can post a note about it as well and we can all share in the joy of a finish!!!

Pretty painless right? No pressure, you work at your pace, finish what you can when you can. The idea is to try and get some UFOs out of the way.

Amy did an excellent job last year!! I don't know where she finds the energy or the time.

If you are interested in participating, please leave a comment here with your blog address so that I can list you on my sidebar and link to your blog. PLEASE MAKE SURE I CAN REPLY TO YOUR COMMENT - no-reply comments cannot be replied to; and if I can't access your blog we can't stay in touch.

You many join us at any time during the year.

Oh, and thanks to Google Images and Lost in Space. I always thought that Jupiter 2 was so cool :o)


41 comments:

julieQ said...

I really need to do this!! Sign me up!!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

well, lady, you KNOW you can count me in!!! I'll have to see what state my WIPs and UFOs are in to get them organized into 10 slips...
;0)

Melinda said...

OK - I will make a list and give it a try. I have so many UFOs it will be hard to pick only 10.

Linda said...

This should help me out also! I must be an official quilter--I have UFOs.

Kim West said...

count me in too - my list will be posted tomorrow.

SheilaC said...

I will give this a try... although since I am new to quilting, not sure I have 10 UFOs! But I do have other goodies that I am waiting to make.

Thanks for the "push"

SheilaC

http://myemptynestisfullofcathair-sheilac.blogspot.com/

Kathy said...

Hey, this is a great challenge. Count me in! It may get me to finish some of those zillions of UFO's that I have!

Linda said...

Ok, here I am...sign me up quick. I'm ready. I'll post my list tomorrow. On your mark, get set...I'm excited, can you tell. What fun. I can't wait to see all the finishes. Happy New Year. Linda

http://living4quilting.blogspot.com/

Jeannine said...

Sounds like a great idea!

Jeannine said...

Sounds like a great idea!

r4 dsi said...

Afterlight, is certainly an upgrade on both its UFO: Aftermath and UFO: Aftershock predecessors.

r4 dsi said...

However, this base-managing, alien-hunting escapade has some tactical combat quirks and difficulty that bounces around like a superball..

The Quilting Pirate said...

Ok Nancy, I'm so in for this year. I've got over 50, but starting with a list of 10 makes it easier to motivate! Do you have a logo we can use? Do you need one made?

Sherry Hogan said...

My friend SheilaC told me about this after I posted what I want to get done this year this will keep me accountable.

I want to join, I can do this!

Pieceful Jane said...

This is a great idea. I want to join. I have so many quilts I would love to get finished. This may be just the incentive I've been looking for. Now to go make my top 10 list. :D

SheilaC said...

Yay!Glad you made it Sherry! We need all the help and support we can find!


SheilaC

scraphappy said...

So glad you are doing the UFO challenge again this year. I fell off at the end, but the motivation was great! Now I'm off to narrow my list down to 10!

Morah said...

I am new to your blog but looking for a challenge. Count me in! Like spongebob...I'm ready!

Pat said...

For me, a "finish" is often getting a quilt top ready to be quilted (by someone other than me, since I can't do that very well on my machine). I have several that I'd like to finish piecing and get to that stage as well as other UFO's and unstarted projects, so I guess I should sign up for this, too.

Sharon T in Lynden said...

Sounds like fun! I could list 10 quilts that need binding, would that count - LOL!
Sharon T in Lynden

Trudi said...

Oooh, Nacy mentioned this today, I think I could do with a little focus! Can you count me in too, Please?

Linda said...

I just found your blog and this looks like a lot of fun. I'll have to think and narrow down my list to just 10. That may be hard. :(
So sign me up and I'll get myself organized and ready.

Erin O. said...

I'd love to join if you still have room!

erin at its3oclockinthemorning@yahoo.com

bearcreekquilter said...

So I was wondering if I can still play along. I have at least 10 tops that need quilting and binding. I am sure that I can get them listed by Tuesday. Let me know.

Kaye said...

I need to do this, I found a couple of ufo's I forgot I had, now that's bad! Please count me in

Anonymous said...

Count me in I will add a list to my blog I have so many UFOs.

Lizzy said...

Oh count me in I have so many UFOS.

Yvette said...

You can count me in!

I will list them tonight after work.

Sara said...

I'm in...and I'll be posting something tomorrow...

Thanks for the opportunity to get some of these out of my way...

floribunda... aka Julie said...

I'm in, too -- will post my list later today!

PaTcHwOrK jEnN said...

Sign me up this sounds like fun & will help with my new years goals.

Sue said...

OK I'm in I need someone to make sure I finish what I have already started before making more. Or I could include some of the ones I want to make in with my WIP.
Now to make a list and blog about it

Brenda said...

I'm a little late but count me in most definitely. I will get my items listed on my blog this week. Thanks so much for this "push" in the hopefully the right direction.

Brenda said...

I know I'm late but count me in.

Tina said...

I could use the nudge and peer pressure! Count me in. I'll make my list tonight.

Candy said...

I really need this. Finished one today except the binding, so I guess I am not behind.

CreativeHands said...

Okay, I'm gonna give this a try. Of course I have more than 10 UFO's so the list may never really end!! LOL

thecoolmom said...

How do you do this if you aren't starting in January? Do you just do the January project as soon as you can and catch up?

thecoolmom said...

Count me in! I'm off to a late start but better late than never. Right? Now if someone would just do a PIGS challenge to go with it. I have tons of those!

Laila said...

Me me me, I have five WIP's that really need to get done! Sign me up xx

married-with-ufos said...

I know it's the end of March, but since I just started a blog about finishing my UFOs, this is a great way to stay focused! I love it!