Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Retreat and all things accomplished


I almost didn't go.... you know, feeling I should be doing teacher stuff. So then about Tuesday I said "I'm going!!!"

Seven of the Sundae Quilters decided to exchange scrap strips and do Bonnie Hunter's Chunky Churndash. What a hoot exchanging the strips!!!! Believe it or not I managed to get the center of my top finished..... that felt really good.

Here is a pic of my and my top. More pics can be found at the Sundae Quilters blog.... follow the link on my side bar.

Can't wait for spring!!

11 comments:

Pat said...

Very nice, Nancy! I'm glad you were back to feeling healthy and able to go on the retreat.

Barb said...

Glad you went now.....that is always the way it is, want to go, don't want to go...should stay home but wnen I get there...have a great time...

loved your quilt.

Linda said...

I am so glad you were able to get away for the weekend! What fun to be able to spend with good friends, laugh, and complete projects all at the same time!

marilyn said...

That looks really great. I'm glad you took time for yourself and put that 'teacher hat' aside for a little while. I tis so easy to burn ourselves out on the needs of others. Always take a little time to refresh yourself and then you will have more to give to others! Proud of you

** said...

I love your scrappy quilt. And the great smile behind it. Glad you went.

FLO_rancher said...

What a fun day you had sewing...great job..I am jealous never get to go and just sew with friends..sew peacefully DEB};o

Erika said...

I really like your chunky churndashes. It's also on my list, b ut now I'm getting ready for the new mystery.

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a pretty quilt!

julieQ said...

Love it, love it! Sounds like you had fun...I have made this quilt too.

Barb said...

Good thing you recovered from a few weeks ago, made for a chance to truly enjoy a *retreat with friends*! I love your quilt, look at you putting it together so quickly...jealous here :>)!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Kucki68 said...

It looks lovely. That one is on my to make list... Of course that list is longer than me...