Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Have I Shown You These?????




Anymore I can't tell if I'm coming or going; and I can't remember if I shared these with you.

When school let out last June I went on a top-piecing binge. Then I took the tops to Donna.... my BFF Longarmer . She does great work and I'm always pleased with how my quilts look.

Anyway, the Halloween quilt was originally going to be a swap of stars made with Halloween prints. That didn't happen, so I took my Halloween prints and just decided to make a Turning 20 Again. I love how that quilt comes together so quickly. Then with the leftover hunks, I pieced the backing. Being such a busy quilt, Donna and I decided that meandering was the best way to go, and I think it turned out great!

The scrappy quilt was a swap we did at my guild a couple of years ago. We used the Buckeye Beauty block from Quilterscache; I love Marcia's website and she is so generous to share the patterns for free. Doing a scrappy block swap was a stretch for some of the ladies but I think they did a great job. Donna did some fantastic ruler work on this and I think it makes the quilt really shine.

So that is my eye-candy for now. I'm hoping to get a top made next weekend at retreat; I so need to get away.

Quilty Hugs!!

8 comments:

blushing rose said...

Beautiful creation, you are very talented. Have a lovely week.

TTFN ~ Marydon

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love them all. I bet you felt really productive getting all the tops done so fast.

pajudie said...

Nancy - I love your Halloween quilt!! And the Buckeye Beauty is really a beauty!! So glad you're feeling better and looking forward to retreat -
Judie

Barb said...

I don't know if you have shown them before, but I always enjoy seeing the quilts of others! Thank you for sharing the beauty of your quilts! Enjoy your quilting retreat, I am glad you are feeling better...you had quite a seige of it! Have a great week!

Pat said...

Very nice-looking quilts!

Barb said...

I don't know if you have shown them or not...if you are like me, you visit alot of blogs so...that being said....i love your quilts....

Bonnie said...

Nice job on the quilts. Tell your BFF Donna her quilting is great. I LOVE the border design. Wow. I've got pieces toward a Buckeye Beauty -- done in greens and blues. Hum, I wonder if I should pull that out and work on it some too? LOL

Jan said...

Loved seeing the "eye candy!" Beautiful job on all counts :) Glad you're feeling better!