Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finally!!!!


Hi!!! Remember me?????

I am finally getting in some serious fabric therapy today. The last couple of weeks have been very hectic with weather, kids schedules, stuff at school, etc.

So what am I working on? Some friends and I decided that we are going to share fabrics and work on Bonnie Hunter's Chunky Churn Dash pattern. I love swapping scraps; we did this when we made her Pineapple Blossom quilt. I love looking at that quilt and remembering who brought the fabrics to share. It is a great way to spend time with your BFFs.

This week I need to sew the strip sets together so that they can be traded and then each individual will cut them down into what they need. I also need to cut the 2.5" strips to share and then my own fabric for the centers and the light/dark for the hourglass blocks.

Back to my therapy!!!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Glad you are getting some sew therapy in....you need it!! Can I come and play?

Living on the Spit said...

Hope you enjoy your day and your fabric therapy!!

Pat said...

What fun to do the fabric swapping with your group of pals!

blushing rose said...

That word 'sewing' scares me ... chuckle! Have a breathtaking week. TTFN ~ Marydon

Erin said...

What a fantastic idea to do a fabric swap with your friends! I cant wait to see your Churn Dash quilt come together :)

Jan said...

Ahhhhhh "sewing therapy!" It works wonders on so many things in life. So happy that you were able to fit some in and here's wishing you more!!!

Pauline said...

nothing like a bit of the ol sewing therapy mate...
mind you ,, I have sewed and sewed and sewed lately..rofl....the swap sounds cool...cant wait to see finished products