Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11


It's 9-11......... many of the blogs that I follow have posted about it.

I remember that morning vividly; my oldest daughter was nearly hit by a car in front of our house after the driver chose to ignore the bus lights. After returning home from the District office I was on the computer and a friend messaged me and said 'Turn on the TV". I couldn't believe it. I thought about going to get my children, but I didn't want them begin living with panic and uncertainty.

Today I showed a power point in my classes that another teacher made. I also gave my kids an essay assignment...... no right or wrong, no research to do........ just about 9/11. They need to start expressing themselves and voicing their views. This is the Pearl Harbor of their generation and will live with the aftermath of it for the rest of their lives.

Hug someone today............. pay it forward............. smile............... remember.





2 comments:

Barb said...

I can remember the panic of parents as they called our school and asked permission to remove their children, and to take them home! The sense of needing to be together is so important especially in the midst of a tragedy whether it be local or national... one of the magnitude of "9-11" should NEVER be forgotten!

Pat said...

I am glad you are doing your part to keep the younger generations remembering 9-11...it must never be forgotten.