Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Where were you??????


Today marks the 40th anniversary of the Woodstock Music Festival. What was I doing in 1969? I was seven, and we lived in Scotia, NY........ about 68 miles north of where the festival took place.

Obviously, I was totally clueless. We were in the process of selling our house and little did we know that the winter of 1969-70 would be incredible ........... so much snow that the "For Sale" sign was on a mound of snow that was actually taller than the garage. It was like driving down a tunnel to get to the house.

So where were you? Did you go to Woodstock?

5 comments:

pajudie said...

I was a young mother living in Mansfield, MA and was so into my family that I was totally clueless about Woodstock. My daughter was just a little over 4 and my son was a little over 1, so I was busy raising my family.
Judie

Ginger Patches said...

I was 8 and I lived in Turkey!!

Suzan said...

I was about to start my senior year of high school. I knew about Woodstock because some of my favorite bands/singers were going to be there. I was just returning to Virginia from my grandmother's house in Pennsylvania. I would not have DARED at that point in my life to run up north for the festival. (Army brat and all that!!)

Vicki W said...

I was 9 and, happily, clueless. Honestly I am disappointed that we celebrate an event that is defined by drugs, alcohol, sewage and garbage. I saw someone on TV talking about it yesterday. he said that going back and listening to the tapes showed that the majority of the performances were crap too.
The rest of the world was busy living!

Erzebat said...

I was 12 that summer. I had gone to visit dad in Va. I watched the news about it. then I read a article in LIFE. Mother wanted to go, she was and still is a hippie at heart. She couldnt cause she was taking care of g-ma who was very ill at the time. for years I had to hear about she had to miss her summer of love and drugs....yessshhh... (Mauh) Liz