Saturday, August 15, 2009

Unexpected Accomplishment


Kevin's cousin announced she is expecting her first a couple of months ago and then last week I found out it is going to be a boy. I went to the LQS last week and found some cute duck fabric and was able to get this rail fence quilt pieced, pinned and quilted over the last few days.

I really like making rail fence for baby quilts. It is quick, easy, and you can show off your fabric choices in a simple way.

It is quilted using a loopy meander and a variegated YLI thread called California Poppy. I decided to use the Red/Orange/Yellow thread to quilt it to bring out the color of the ducks. It is about 48x54.... I like making big baby quilts so that it can be grown into.

6 comments:

pajudie said...

That's really cute, Nancy - I like that pattern -
Judie

Barb said...

Love the rail fence....maybe I will do that one next...

Pauline said...

nice mate..I just found out my neice is expecting too..just might take a tip from you..looks great and is easy to do..
cheers
Pauline

Pat said...

Very nice, Nancy! I'm sure it will be well-used and well-loved!

Candace said...

Really cute quilt. I am like you, I seem incapable of making tiny quilts even for tiny people. I like to have growing room. My first great grandbaby is due in December, hmmm.

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a great gift. I bet they love it. And what a great unexpected finish! Wow.