Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tri-Recs and Jelly Roll Strips - Final Chapter


I'm not going to scream.... actually I think it turned out OK. I might lose a point here and there, but that can be fixed by more accurate piecing. I didn't like the method in the book at all. I found if I cut a 6-inch section out of the strips (two strips laying right sides together) I can get 2 cuts which is four star points. I do have to remember to take a scant 1/4-inch seam though.

Overall I'm pleased. Only 11 blocks and 9 partial blocks to go.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for letting me growl.

4 comments:

jillquilts said...

Great blocks!!!

Pat said...

It think it's looking pretty good. I'm glad you got it figured out....and you can growl all you want here. After all, it's YOUR blog.....hehehe

Vicki W said...

I think it looks great!

Rosaline said...

I tried using the tri rec rulers but just couldn't master them. The skinny triangle was the problem. I couldn't properly cut the very small sideways nip at the top. Are you pleased with this ruler?