Friday, August 7, 2009

I love my children................


did you hear the big BUT on the end of that sentence?????

Am I doing something wrong here? I had to run some errands this morning; and before I left I told the twins THREE times "When the dryer buzzer goes off, please make sure to get the clothes out so your father's shirts don't wrinkle up and move the laundry over from the washer."

I guess only one of my three heads was speaking and evidently not in English because three hours later, nothing had been taken care of. So while I was getting little short of angry the oldest calls from England and wants to know how we can best get her friend to Richmond from Dulles so that ................. well, you don't need to know all of that.

This was a test of the Everyday Parenting System....... this was only a test. Had this been an actually meltdown, you would have been advised to proceed to pulling your hair out and banging your head against the wall. Please return to your normal activity and wait for the next breakdown.

Hope you are having a good day wherever you are.

9 comments:

Jan said...

LOL!!!! Sounds like they are testing their Mama today! The picture of the kitty is priceless :)

Quilt Pixie said...

some days go like that.... but remember when they were all infants/toddlers demanding every moment of your life? -- today doesn't look so bad now does it :-)

Pat said...

Ah....yes....just one of the many aspects of parenting about which we are never warned BEFORE we become parents!!! *sigh*

Tracy said...

Selective hearing...all kids are born with it...it doesn't become active until they are teenagers...then they have a full-blown case of it!

Mimi said...

Ok, Nancy, listen closely.

One day you will have grandchildren. Grandchildren are God's gift to you to thank you for not killing your own children during their teenage years.

Take a deep breath. Let it out s-l-o-w-l-y, VERY s-l-o-w-l-y. If you do it slowly enough you will forget you wanted to hurt your children a few minutes ago.

(LOL...I can do that because I no longer have teenagers in the house!)

Hugs

Mary said...

It's those kind of days that makes it nice that the boys are grown and living on their own!

Dandelion Quilts said...

I particularly had a giggle when I read the public service announcement at the end. Hang in there!

The Quilting Pirate said...

Yep to Tracy's comment...selective hearing!

Vent away, all us moms go through this!

Barb said...

Yikes ~ I am glad you vented to us ~ the kids never hear it, even when they DO hear it! Have a great weekend!