Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wonder from Down Under Part 2


Now that the camera is home, I can take a picture of my Australian and New Zealand fabrics in the quilt pattern that I found here. I modified it a bit.... taking the 2.5" strips of the different fabrics out and replacing with brown.... it was way too busy when I left them in.

I have scrappy border strips to add to it..... they are cut across the strip sets at 2.5" wide. I'm thinking it needs a 2.5" brown border, then the scrappy strips, then another brown border. Of course, that means I have to go get more brown. MIL is traveling down near the shop tomorrow and said she'd pick it up for me.

I wasn't too sure about this one when I was making the blocks. Now that they are together I like it.

6 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Have you been down under? My down under quilt is still an idea... (Well I got a kit too.)

Jan said...

Lovely job Nancy!!!

Living on the Spit said...

Wow...I think it is beautiful and is turning out nicely. I am glad you decided you liked it once again now that it is coming together.

Pat said...

I love all those different fabrics! NICE job, Nancy!

BUMBLE BEANS said...

Love the criss crosses! that is a fun quilt. nice job!

scraphappy said...

I like the brown fabric, it does a good job of breaking up all the pattern and giving the eye a chance to rest. The borders sound great. You really got this one put together in a hurry.