Sunday, July 12, 2009

Today's Project




Getting my quilts ready for the show has been my focus this week. I still have to get one hanging sleeve sewn on.


Today, however, I decided to work on a new bag. It is the Claire Bag from Lazy Girl Designs. I like the bag, the instructions are easy to follow. I added some interfacing to the outside pocket... and next time I might also add some to the inside pockets. The next one won't have the fabrics in 'opposite' positions next time either. I think I'll do the handles differently as well, but hey, this was as learning experience.

I put a magnetic closure on the inside and honestly it is so tight I'm worried I might rip the bag when opening it. But it's there now.

Anyway, it looks so summery...... I really like it.

Quilty Hugs!


7 comments:

Valerie said...

I love it. You did a wonderful job!

Pat said...

I've never tried to put in a magnetic closure....bought one but was afraid to try it. I like the look of your bag!

Barb said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing as I read your *rethinking* of what you would do THE NEXT TIME with your bag...funny how we think of these little changes as we go on a project! I love your summery bag, and the brightness of it! Have fun as you *make your next bag*...with a few changes ☺ !

Pauline said...

Hiya matey...just checking in and saying hello..its been ages...nice bag by the way!!

pajudie said...

Love the bag, Nancy - now I'm anxious to get mine done.
Judie

Dandelion Quilts said...

Cute bag!

jillquilts said...

Looks great! I just ordered this pattern from my shop!