Thursday, July 23, 2009

A quilt's new home and a really big cat



Today I had the pleasure of having lunch with Ginny, my mentor teacher last year and the gal for whom I made the blue tea-cup quilt. She went home and totally re-made her bedroom to go with the quilt.

Here is a pic of her room. She originally wanted to go with blue walls, but couldn't find the right blue, so the Sherwin-Williams paint guru suggested grey.... I think it turned out well.

On another note, meet Cinnamon. Cinnamon is HUGE!!!!!! At least 25 pounds of cat..... I couldn't hold him for very long. And my vet thinks Smokey is big at 11 pounds????????




4 comments:

Living on the Spit said...

Good Lordie...that is a HUGE cat.

Love the quilt you made and the room is a perfect back drop for it!!!

Mary said...

I'm always amazed to see cats bigger than Chesty (he's 15 lbs). My sister Deb has 2 rag doll cats that are really big too.

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a lovely present. It looks great. Obviously she loved it!

Pat said...

That quilt looks LOVELY in her room. I have a friend with a 23-lb cat and another that weighs only 11 lbs and they both eat the same food (and roughly the same amounts)....guess some cats have metabolism problems, too!!!