Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Being good is so hard


I taught a quilt class last night, and while the students were cutting their pieces, I was leafing through a new book. I found the most beautiful, soft, well......... it reminded me of a cottage, with white walls and floors and and old white metal frame bed and well......... I WANTED it sooooooooo bad. Of course the shop didn't have the fabric and I came home and found it all on line.


But I had to tell myself I had to be good. If I calculated the yardage given in the pattern, it would be close to 17 yards (I'm not really sure how that can happen just for the top) and I'm sure if I went in and tried to figure it out to see if I could get away with less...... well, the fabric would be gone by then.


But I WANT IT soooooooooooooooo bad.


I need intervention!!!


5 comments:

Jan said...

LOL Nancy! I'm currently dealing w/the same dilemma!!!! I keep going to it every day on line, but haven't caved yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time for both of us (LOL). Ohhhhhh and IMHO, I'm sure you deserve it, so go for it :)

Vicki W said...

Unfortunately, if you are expecting your blog readers to organize an intervention you are going to be quite disappointed. however, many of us would be willing to pick you up and take you to the fabric store to buy the fabric!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

HA! Nancy, I am the LAST person who can offer "intervention help" !!! Have you visited my blog lately?!?!? Two new projects in the past couple of weeks with obsessive quilting returning. PSHT!

My advice would be: GO FOR IT! When a pattern "calls" to you like that, something MAGIC happens and (well, for me anyway) an obsessiveness occurs. BUT, I have come to find that MANY patterns WAY, WAY, WAY over-estimate the amount of fabric needed, so do some calculations yourself to see if you really need what is stated.

Oh...and.....a-hem....it's July 1. What is the UFO Challenge of the month? Your challenge REALLY has kept me (almost) honest! The only month that is still a UFO is May....

Tracy said...

Go For It!
Life is too short when you really want to do something!

jillquilts said...

OMG! I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! I do this all the time! And some friends are no help with intervening!