Thursday, June 4, 2009

Washington DC Field Trip











I survived!!!!!








Yesterday I was in Washington, DC with 130 10th Graders and 22 other adults. It turned out to be a great day and the kids behaved very well. My mentor teacher has taken this trip for 15 years and said this was, by far, the best group yet.

We started out our day on the mall between the Lincoln Memorial and the WW II Memorial. The kids were left on their own for about 2 hours to get rid of that "on the bus" energy. We then headed to the Holocaust Museum for two hours and I have to say that two hours is not enough time to experience it all. I was on the fourth floor (this is where you start) and looked at my watching and realized I had been there for nearly 45 minutes. Needless to say the other three floors were done very quickly. I missed the opportunity to speak with a survivor and didn't get to read as many things as I wanted to. I told hubby that we are definitely going back.


The final stop of the day was the National Zoo (not that I already hadn't spent hours with a bunch of monkeys anyway LOL). It was a nice time and the animals are always fun to look at. It finally rained on us there, but didn't last too long.

I thought I'd share a few pictures from the zoo with you. Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Hiya Nancy,
as you know, to me that would be my worst nightmare....ha ha..sounds like you had fun though. there is a giveaway on my blog if you or anyone is interested...
catch up soon
cheers

Barb said...

I am glad your trip went well! Our school yesterday had scheduled a trip for 5 school clubs to the local amusement park, and it was rained out...very much rained out! Trip cancelled, kids upset, and parents asking "why" we cancelled, until the thunder started, then they understood! Our school is now ended for the summer break! I am still needing to be in the office, thru the summer (bummer), oh well it comes with my job!