Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Road Trippin'








Wow!! What a day. And it was all thanks to my BFF, Beth. She arranged for members of my guild (Chambersburg Quilt Guild) to visit three shops between Annapolis and Gaithersburg.

Our first stop was Cottonseed Glory in Annapolis.......... LOADS of Fabric. I purchased quite a few 30's prints for my Grandmother's Flower Garden and a couple of patterns. There were some other fabrics calling my name, but I showed restraint.

Our second stop (after lunch) was at Tomorrow's Treasures. Wonderful shop and the lady that cut my fabric, Phyllis, was a hoot!!! Totally a kindred spirit. I bought a bunch more 30's prints and some Flamingo fabrics to make a bag for a friend.

Our final stop was Capital Quilts in Gaithersburg. Wonderful shop and loads of fabric to choose from. This time I avoided the 30's prints and got a cool Messenger Bag Pattern and fabrics to make it. My BFF will be totally surprised......... it's PINK!!!!!

The back-end of the van was so full, I was sure it was going to drag all the way home LOL!!!

The girls that went had a great time and a couple are ready to go again. I'm sure there are many more shops for us to explore down around Baltimore and DC.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Sounds like loads of fun!

Pat said...

I've heard of Cottonseed Glory as they've been at quilt shows I've attended and some of the gals in our guild used to live near them in Annapolis. Funny thing...just today someone mentioned Capitol Quilts to me......I'd not heard of it before and now I'm hearing of it twice in the same day. Maybe it's a sign that I am to try to go there at some point??? :) I'm glad you had such a nice road trip.

Piwacket said...

Quilty friends are the best, and the pictures prove the love and joy you share!

Linda said...

Looks like you had a great time with friends. Guilt shows and shops were the frosting on the cake!!

Bonnie said...

I have recently shopped at 2 out of 3 of those shops. If you remember, where is Timeless Treasures? (Was that the right name?) I've shopped at Capital Quilts and the one in Annapolis. I may have to figure the other one out and try it! Thanks for sharing. It looks like you guys had a blast. B.

Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I know - now that our kids are grown, there are some things I could have really used! LOL

Sounds like a great road trip and a lot of fun with your friends.