Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Appliance woes..............


We are dealing with the next chapter in our appliance replacement story; but let me back up a little bit.


We moved into this house (his grandparents' house) 11 years ago. Within two months, the dishwasher died and we replaced it (it has since been replaced again). A year or two after that the oven/range died and we replaced it.


THE REFIGERATOR WILL NOT DIE!!! But, it is the old "defrost it yourself" model and frankly, I'm tired of dealing with it. Needless to say it needs done again and out of the blue hubby says "Why don't we bag defrosting it and buy a new one.


yahoo!!!!! there is a god!!!


Of course, after looking at refrigerators last night, we are going to have to tear out some cabinets to make room for a new one. Refrigerators in the 50's and 60's were much smaller than they are today.


So, I'll be buying ice sometime soon and defrosting the fridge. Tearing up my kitchen isn't on the calendar until AFTER the guild quilt show (which I am in charge of).


Here's to Happy Appliances!!!

6 comments:

Pat said...

Happy new and FROST-FREE refrigerator to you!!!

The Calico Cat said...

Happy Happy!

Suzanne Earley said...

heck, refrigerators they made 10-20 years ago were smaller: we had to cut down a cabinet when we replaced a refrigerator in our current house.

i have a blow driver that I've been using since junior high and i keep begging that thing to die, and it just keeps on working. i've even tried replacing it, and the new ones have already died, and i keep having to go back to the old one...

Tracy said...

Yay for you getting a new fridge...don't get one without an icemaker!!!and water and ice on the door!
I've got a washer and dryer just like your fridge...25 years old and still going strong...Maytag no less! I should be on a commercial I think! Really want one of the frontloading sets but have you seen the prices?!

scraphappy said...

The appliances you really want to replace are never the ones to die. We've replaced two dishwashers, and I have never been able to go into a store and pick out my own refrigerator. They always come with the house or from a friend who just happens to have one in the garage they can give to us cheap. When you finally do get a new fridge I'm sure you will appreciate all the new features.

Eileen said...

It will be great to get a new modern fridge but I'll let you know it won't last near as long as that old one. I moved into this home 6 years ago and got a whole new kitchen cabinets and appliances and this last Christmas with company here it died. So had to get a new one. Only five years old. They don't make them like they used to.