Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The next on-going project


I had proposed a swap on a list but it didn't fly, so I decided to make the blocks anyway.


This is the Double T block from Quilterscache. It is a 12" finished block and there are four different florals in each block. I really like the way they look on point; I still have to make a few more for a total of 18. You get a secondary pattern of a Shoo-Fly block with the white fabric.


I'm trying to decide if I should sash between them, and what color if I do. I'm thinking a very pale green for the side triangles..... and maybe a picket-fence border and some flowers appliqued in the upper left and lower right corners (am I nuts???!!!)


Would love to hear what your opinions are on the sashing/borders issue. It always feels good to know I have some extra brain power out there to help me out.


Huggers!


6 comments:

GARI said...

Your T squares are BEAUTIFUL. It is so cool to be able to see it close up. I love the idea of the picket fence with flowers but am not sure about the setting triangles.

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Oooooooo Nancy! I have to be a good girl now and AVOID allowing myself to be distracted into starting a new block/project after looking at your post! Those T's are FUN and inspirational looking!

As for sashing...I don't think I would use any sashing. Setting triangles: perhaps a "fitting" flowery fabric???

I'll be watching for what you do.

Bunny said...

Love your blocks, I would use the white for the side triangles. Then I would use a narrow dark border then a large white border. This is just my opinion. Whatever you decide will be beautiful.

Angeliquez said...

nope penguin youre not nuts.
(well even if you were i bet you'd be my favourite kinda nuts;-))

i like,no i dont like,
i LOVE your idea!

and your blocks are pretttty impressive!:-)

hugs,
Angeliquez

Sweet P said...

Your blocks turned out lovely!

Tracy said...

I love that sunflower fabric! I can't wait to see what you do with the quilt.
I never did get you any of my morning glory fabric...did you still want some?