Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Haven't had any for two weeks






Sewing!!! Haven't had any sewing for two weeks.






Part of the reason was school. I've been busy getting things developed, typed up, copied, etc.

The other reason was that I got a new machine (traded in the Viking D1) and I needed to wait for the insert for my Horn Cabinet (my MIL got it for me for my birthday).

So today I am taking time to sew and get to know Miss Aurora. I decided to work on my Double T block that were intended for a swap that may or may not happen now.

I'd love to hear from any of you that own the Bernina 440. I must admit, it does sew much more quietly than the 150.

And admit it........... that title did get your attention didn't it???!!!???

'till next time!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Yes, Nancy, it certainly did get my attention! LOL

Barb said...

Enjoy your new machine Nancy! Don't these last couple of weeks of school just drain you? I can't even say the last couple of weeks, because for me it is a full year job in the office ~ Ughhhhh!

GARI said...

great title and congrats on the new machine.

pwl said...

I love my 440! I think you'll really enjoy it.

scraphappy said...

I have the 430 and just love it. Your cabinet with the inset looks just lovely. Mine is just sitting on top which isn't nearly as nice. Summer is so close. It won't be long now.

Pauline said...

ok Hadlines got me!!!! what can I say!! lol...oh sewing.........well.......ha ha

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Just catching up Nancy----
I have the 440 as well
Love it
Love it
Love it
Broke down last year and handed over the dough for my Dream Machine (actually, I was VERY thankful there was a 15 mnth no finance option!!!)
I LOVE it---
Hey Nancy....have I said I love mine 440??? (**giggle**)

The BSR is worth its weight in gold, but I'm in the same boat as Angela (scraphappy). I need a true sewing table so I don't have to schlep the weight of the quilt sandwich over the sides/edges of the attached ..umm....the ah attached base-table-thingy. .....What on earth is that called??? (**Brain-fart**)
Anyway--enjoy your time with the new machine!

Oooo---and the blocks look BRIGHT and FUN!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How I've been missing my sewing too. I did it everyday and not a stitch in at least three weeks. It's killing me.

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your new machine! I hope to have a Bernina one day too!

Katie said...

I have a 440. I think it's noisier than my old 1230. Especially the walking foot. It's super noisy!