Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mini Miranda bag


I am trying to get some ideas together for classes at the LQS. Some of my regular students have asked for a bag class. So between yesterday and today, I put together this Mini Miranda Bag by Lazy Girl Designs. This is the second time I've made this pattern, only this time instead of putting two panels together for the front/back I used one piece. The advantage of using the two panels is the center seam is helpful when placing the handles.


Anyway, I'm thinking this can be done in a day, as long as the pieces are cut ahead of time and their cover and bottom pieces are quilted prior to class.


I really like this pattern; only next time I think I'll try using a magnetic closure instead of the Fabric Fusion Velcro. I'll have to remember to put the magnetic thing in before I turn and close up the lining.

4 comments:

Living on the Spit said...

That bag is just so cute and I WISH I lived near you so I could take you class. :( BIG POUTY FACE.

I love Vera Bradlish bags and want to make one so badly.

Stomping my feet in a temper tantrum!!!

Beth said...

Beautimous BFF!!! Did you know I love ladybugs???

Pat said...

CUTE fabric!

swirlc said...

I have taught the Miranda bag many times and always ask that they do all they cutting ahead of time. If they wish to quilt the outside pieces, I ask them to do that also. However, for those who are not comfortable machine quilting, we have found that using fusible fleece eliminates the need for quilting. My classes usually run about 3-4 hours and most everyone finishes in class or at least gets to the point that they just need to add the handles. I demonstrate how to do that and they finish at home. It has been one of our most popular classes at the LQS. Good luck with it, it's lots of fun.