Saturday, April 11, 2009

Guild Challenge 2009


Our guild does a challenge every year. This year the committee and I came up with the idea of using Black and White with one other color.


I decided to use lime green and straight line quilt most of it (free motion in the green border) with a lime green Masterpiece thread on the Bernina.


I'm very pleased with how it turned out. In honor of my daughter's upcoming trip to New York to see Wicked, I'm naming it Elphaba - the Wicked Witch of the West.


8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hum, that green looks great with the black and whites. Is that pattern from... oh shoot, what is the name of that book? An orange cover or at least I think of it as orange.... I'm sure it is as I've reviewed those patterns so many times! Great looking quilt. Who gets to keep this baby? B.

Living on the Spit said...

Gorgeous and yes...it does remind me of Wicked!

Vicki W said...

Love it!

Beth said...

Just loverly!!! Green is my favorite color next to pink hehehe

GARI said...

I love your Black and White. Come to my blog and see mine.

Barb said...

I like it, you have met the challenge I would say :>)! Funny but I always think *red* with the black and white, but ~ WOW I LOVE THE LIME GREEN!

Quilter Kathy said...

Absolutely yummy quilt!
And I love the name! Wicked is an amazing show!

Quilt Hollow said...

Adding that lime green is a fantastic zing! My 15 year old has been wanting some sort of black and white quilt and loves hot pink for some reason....thanks for the fantastic idea here!!