Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

The grass is always greener................


Growing up I had the opportunity to see a great many places. My father worked for General Electric and he was transferred quite a few times. I lived in Ohio (twice), Tennessee, Kentucky, New York, Maryland, and finally settled in Pennsylvania.


Living where I do now, Washington, DC, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia....... they are all only a hop, skip, and a jump away, and to think of all there is to see between!!!


So why does the grass always seem greener???? I get to read blogs from all over the world and always think "Oh I would love to see that place". I have always wished I could just blink my eyes (yes I watched Jeannie) and POOF, I'd be there. If they would hurry up and invent the transporter system (Trekkie Power) I'd be the first one on it.


Oh well, I'll just keep dreaming and reading. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!


2 comments:

Living on the Spit said...

I often think the same thing!!! If I ever win the lottery, I am just going to travel all over the place and visit of my wonderful bloggy friends....you are included in that esteemed group!

Have a glorious day.

Pat said...

I think a lot of us have that same dream. I, too, would use lottery winnings for that after donating to charity and making sure my kids had homes. BUT...of course, I only think to play the lottery about once a year, so I guess my odds aren't too good...are they? LOL IF I did win a big one, I'd love to organize a HUGE retreat for quilting bloggers and pay for it and fly them in from everywhere...wouldn't that be SUPER?