Wednesday, April 8, 2009

De-stashing = Donating


Today is the first day of our Easter break. I am so happy that we did not have a second snow day this year........... or today would have been the day to lose.


Anyway, I am sitting here in the sewing room and the Reality Fairy has just smacked me with her wand. You know the message....... "When are you really going to use all of this fabric and why are hanging onto it????"


So I have pulled out AT LEAST 50 yards (probably more) of florals, white-on-whites, etc that I will be donating to our guild for baby quilts and QOVs. All of the white fabrics are in the bag; the florals, etc in the stack.


In doing so I found one wall of my sewing room.............. It was blocked by the stack.


Honestly...................this feels good. Why not give fabric to a good cause when you know you are never going to get around to using it? I know that someone somewhere will appreciate it.



3 comments:

GARI said...

I do the same thing but I make comfort quilts for the guild's charity. I love making quilts and need them to practice my machine quilting and then the quilt (my stash fabric) is on to a new home. Love it.

scraphappy said...

Wow, what a lot of fabric to donate! I'm sure it feels good to know it is going to get used.

Barb said...

Great idea, and you are right it is such a good feeling to share! My granddaughter and I have been using up our stash fabric (some that we love and some that we are not sure why we have it)and making donation quilts for the Kelsey's Dream Foundation. Linus Project and the Hugs and Kisses at Hershey Medical Center for the *pediatrics* wing! It makes us feel so good to have these organizations to donate too.

You are truly doing the right thing by sharing your fabrics!