Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Scrappy Houses




I got the Happy Scrappy Houses back from the longarmer's on Tuesday and got the binding on Wednesday night. I love it!!!!


This pattern is from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. I have to say her instructions are easy to follow and the block goes together very quickly. For a totally scrappy look you can't over think your fabric choices.......... just grab, cut and sew. I cut my pieces out and pinned the little 'block kits' together and just kept putting them through the machine. After about 4 blocks I'd force myself to get up and walk away so not to get to nuts with them.



My friend Donna quilted it using a flower and butterly panto. I think she did an excellent job. The small picture is a close-up of the quilting.


Now my 2-inch strip drawer is full........... should I make more houses?????


13 comments:

Vicki W said...

You shoudl make whatever you want but these houses are really, really cool!

Ingrids strik og patchwork said...

Hi Nancy
I have seen the scrapy houses many times at Quiltville.com Some day I want to sew it too. :o)
You have used many fine fabrics for your quilt.
Best wishes
Ingrid
Denmark

Pat said...

What a FUN quilt you made! Thanks for sharing the photos and your friend did a nice job quilting it, too.

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Oh golly nancy---I don't think I've looked at this pattern of Bonnie's. I'm not usually a "houses" quilter, but that quilt is down-right ADORABLE! What fun!

Julie said...

Yes, make more and send them to me. LOL

Marsha said...

Love your HSH quilt. So, so cute!!

Candace said...

That is one of my favorite patterns from Quiltville, and yours is beautiful.

Lurline said...

I really love your quilt, Nancy, you have made such a lovely job of it - have saved Bonnie's pattern in my Favourites Folder - one day soon I hope to make a start!
Hugs - Lurline - Australia, where it is Australia Day today!♥

Pat L in NY said...

Your quilt turned out wonderful. I love it!

Gina said...

I love it

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Michelle said...

Those are adorable! Yet another pattern I've gotta go and print off of the Quiltville site...not that I'm complaining!

julieQ said...

I love your scrappy happy houses! That quilt just exudes happiness and makes you want to grab it and cuddle with it! I recently made a scrappy quilt all out of 2 inch strips, inspired by Bonnie's blocks of a couple weeks ago. The funny thing is, I still have a drawer full of 2 inch strips! Are they multiplying??

whimzeestitches said...

Love the scrappy houses Nancy - thanks for sharing!