Thursday, February 28, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
What I accomplished:
- finished the baby quilt
- cut out some pieces for more Buckeye Beauty blocks
- got stuff ready for the two classes I am teaching
- helped my husband pin and cut out his vest pieces for his Civil War vest
- hand quilted my Underground Railroad quilt
Goals for next week:
- put the borders on Erin's quilt (I will finish this someday)
- hand quilt on the URR quilt
- make 12 Buckeye Beauty blocks
Wish me luck!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
I've received a few comments on the 'strike-through' help from the smart child. I'll be happy to share it. Please email me privately OR leave a comment but make sure I can reply to it.
So here are the rules:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
Seven Random Facts About Me
1. Thanks to General Electric, I never lived more than 3 years in one place growing up.
2. I always wanted to be in the Marching Band in school and still get teary eyed when I hear one.
3. I love a "white christmas".
4. I'm slowly losing my taste for chocolate (weird)
5. I'm a teacher by training, though never actually hired (perhaps having a master's degree plus 48 credits is the problem).
6. Going along with #1, I've lived in this house for 10 years..... driving me nuts!
7. I want to visit Alaska someday.
Monday, February 18, 2008
So, my daughter Abby, and her friend Megan, have now introduced me to HTML coding. They showed me how to 'strike through' the things on my "TO DO" list when I complete them. Thank you girls..... I'll make sure to email your Tech Ed teacher and let him know you've actually been paying attention.
And God Bless all of those that do this coding for a living. My brain would be mush.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Saturday, February 16, 2008
What I accomplished:
- visited the friend and test-drove the HQ16.... still thinking
- Got the final border on the Carolina Crossroads quilt
- made 7 more Buckeye Beauty blocks to add to those from the guild swap
- put together some 3.5 inch four patches by doing the leader/ender technique from Bonnie Hunter
My goals for next week:
- put the final border on the baby quilt for my nephew's 'soon to be' son/daughter (not sure what we are getting)
- quilt and bind the above mentioned baby quilt
- put the borders on Erin's quilt (this keeps moving from week to week - you think it is telling me something)
- Hand quilt on my Underground Railroad
- make 12 more Buckeye Beauty blocks
Maybe setting goals isn't my thing LOL........... I can't seem to follow what I set... and get stuff done that I never thought to put on the list.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
- used my new(used) Viking D1 and put binding on a shop sample Turning 20 Again
- put border's on Erin's quilt
- put final border on my Carolina Crossroads mystery (finally got that one figured out)
- convince hubby that the HQ16 my friend is selling is a really good deal (wish me luck on that one)
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Now I guess I have to think of something to give up for Lent.......... I've never been good at that.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
- put the rail fence blocks together for the baby quilt
- finished Underground Railroad blocks for a good friend
- managed to bury my table, again
My goals for this week:
- find my table again
- put the borders on the baby quilt, get it quilted and mailed to Vermont
- finish the Underground Railroad top for my friend
- spend time with Erin
Again, not very exciting, but manageable (didn't I say that last week?)