Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bambi Won




Around 5:30 this evening I was headed into school to get some things ready for tomorrow. All of the sudden a deer landed in front of me.......... I had no where to go.


The radiator is messed up - the cap is now facing forward instead of up. We can't open the hood. You can see the rest of the damage. In the close-up you can see the fur. The deer went flying into someone's front yard....... I don't know what happened to it. From the damage to the van I know it wont' make it.

After living here for 28 years....... and this is the first time. I guess it was my turn.
UPDATE: Since I only hit the deer, the deductible is only $50. Now we are waiting for the adjuster to decide if it's totalled. I'm stiff and sore but surviving. Thank you all for the well wishes. Hugs!!!

10 comments:

Vicki W said...

Been there, done that - except on the driver's side. Mine looked almost identical to yours.

dot said...

OUCH!!! I hit a deer once and was very fortunate that the only damage with the license plate was bent.

Julie said...

Wow! I am always in fear of that happening to me. I am so sorry it finally was your turn but it could have been so much worse for you.

Suzan said...

How scary for you! I drive back roads to work and home every day and I KNOW one of these days...

julieQ said...

I am so sorry for your car, glad you are safe, and poor bambi too. My husband hit a deer a few years ago and just about ruined the entire front end of his truck.

trashalou said...

Eurgh! Poor you, poor car, POOR Bambi!

Am blog-hopping my way trough Chookyblue's SSCS list to see who else is playing.

swooze said...

Glad you are ok. I had someone hit a tire tread and it got thrown into my front end. Not as much damage as yours but just as aggravating.

Gina said...

Glad you are ok. the car can be repaired

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Katie said...

Ouch! I find the whole deer thing so scary. I hate to drive at night around here! Glad you are ok.

Louise in SW Saskatchewan said...

Glad you are ok. In our area there are so many deer/wildlife out in the country that if I hit an animal, the deductible ($700 for me) is waived.

I've had some close calls but never actually hit anything.