Sunday, October 19, 2008

Multitasking and a dose of reality

I've definitely decided to sell the Viking D1. It is a lovely machine, I love the way it sews and have gotten quite used to the thread cutter and the way the foot goes down all by itself LOL. But, I've never embroidered on it and honestly don't see the need to keep it since I'm not using it to its full potential. So it is now at the shop getting a spa treatment and then hopefully someone will adopt him (I called him Thor).

So now I have Bernie (my Bernina 150) back in the Horn Cabinet. I'm getting used to him again, like I said I miss the thread cutter and such. Perhaps one day I'll upgrade to a newer Bernina.

So in the process of packing up Thor, I pulled out some stuff in the cabinet in the sewing room, put other stuff into the cabinet and found the floor and the table I use to cut on when I'm trimming up pieces. It looks so 'clean' in here....... wonder how long it will last.

Oh, I also made applesauce, a Peanut Butter Crumb Cake, made a tote bag, and did three looads of laundry today. Needless to say, the papers I need to grade still aren't done. I'll do those tomorrow at school.

Hugs all!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I don't like to grade papers at home either. I would rather stay late at school and get it done.

Suzan said...

I will continue to lust for your Viking! I really am going to buy a snazzy machine one day...after I put a deck on the house and after I upgrade my washer and dryer! My sister has 2 machines that embroider - the Viking D1 and the Bernina Anniversary Edition. I have a key to her house...need I say more?!! :0)

Bonnie said...

I don't miss THOSE days at all! Hum, lunch isn't the greatest thing in the world... grade then! Cute little bag. (Or maybe it's a big bag!)