Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Started a new Yahoo Group


I know there are some of you that will read that post title and think "Why did she start a new group??? She just left a couple of others!!"


Well, here is the reason. A couple of gals and I were on another list and got tired of being treated like children and talked down to by the list owner. Some of us have no problem with 'non-quilty' conversation - I mean, we are human and we don't live our entire lives in the sewing room.


So the three of us got together and started Stash_Quilters. You can probably guess from the name that we want to use up the fabric that we have. We also want to share in our lives, joys, bumps in road, etc. And I know that with the three of us running the group, I for one will not get overwhelmed and feel that I am not participating (AKA having to run the entire show). Does that make sense?

Check us out if you like. We would love to see you.

9 comments:

Barb said...

But Nancy will your blog still be here, I enjoy reading and responding to your blog?? Sorry about the other situation, I totally understand where you are coming from!

Julie said...

Great idea! I want to join too.

Lissa Jane said...

I am looking at that pile of fabric with a 'glazed' expression.. good luck with your new yahoogroup.. I can't keep up with the ones I am in now! LOL



Lissa

Linda said...

So very glad you started the group :)
Linda

The Calico Cat said...

How do you make time for yahoo groups & blogging?

I used to be super active on yahoo groups - then I started to blog...

I barely look at my yahoo groups anymore...

Katie said...

Um. I think I know which group (I'm not in it). I've heard complaints like yours before.

Sadly, no matter what the conversation is you still have to moderate what's said. I'm in another group that recently erupted because of one person's selfishly thoughtless post. Everyone else is perfectly decent but it sure leaves a bad taste behind. I do know where you're coming from but somebody has to play the heavy too. C'est la vie. :-)

julieQ said...

Yahoo! I was not allowed to become part of the other group... I always try to use what I have, but am not opposed to a little retail fabric therapy when needed!

keslyn said...

Hi Nancy,
I have just been flicking from one blog to the next this evening - checking out all of the people in the secret santa from Chookyblue (who is a good friend) and noticed that you come from Pennsylvania. I am heading over to the States in a few weeks and will be spending a few days in your home state and wondered if by chance you as a local could give us some tips on what to do and what to see. After that we are going to Houston Quilt market and festival. I would love to chat with you if you have time.
Kerry

Niki :-) said...

Just joined. Waiting on approval. Thanks Nancy!