Monday, September 1, 2008

First Day of School


Tomorrow (September 2) is the first day of school in our district. It is the first day of High School for the twins, and the first day for me as a hired, working on permanent tenure, teacher. Of course, I cannot get my class lists to upload into the grading program and I cannot get my voice mail system to register, but other than that I am ready.


Abby helped me create a power point to go over my syllabus and classroom management plan. Now I just hope that the computer will talk to the smart board.


Hopefully I'll sleep tonight.


6 comments:

Suzan said...

I know you will have a wonderful first day! I'll be thinking about you...

Gina said...

Good Luck. I'll be thinking of you.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Carla said...

I hope that it all goes well. The first day of school is so exciting, even for teachers, isn't it?

vtquilter said...

Good luck on your first day of school!

Sweet P said...

Congrats on being a teacher! There is not enough teachers in this world.

PS - I like your rearranged sewing room.

Barb said...

How did your first day go? I know in our school the teachers are always anxious to do their best, and in my opinion being a teacher is "doing their best" ~~ I am sure you had a great day! Day #2 will be settling into normal, but each day is its own day! Bless the teachers in the world of schools!