Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

For Sara




My daughter Erin's best friend from high school graduated from the Coast Guard academy this year. She is stationed on the west coast. My friend Beth showed me this pattern called "Graham Cracker" and I decided it would be a neat way to use a jelly roll from The Hamptons line by Moda. The border fabric is also from the line. The backing fabric is something I got a year or so ago, not knowing what I was going to do with it. It JUST fit the back, with nothing to spare from top to bottom.


10 comments:

Suzan said...

Love the pattern - and the fabric. My sister is using some of that line to make a quilt for her youngest son's bedroom at their beach cottage. Lucky you that the backing fit!

Melinda said...

Nice quilt - the backing is perfect! Isn't it great when things just seem to come together?

Vicki W said...

Nice quilt! I love the fabrics.

wattie said...

wow mate, congrats on the job!!!!! now start saving..ha ha
love the quilts by the way

Regina said...

Just great!

Tracy said...

Nice job, that backing is perfect

Candace said...

I love your quilt "Graham Cracker's" remind my of my childhood.

MouseChirpy said...

I love this quilt! It really does remind me of graham crackers. The fabric combination that you've chosen is fabulous.
Take care.
Aloha!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I made that quilt and loved it. It's a great pattern. And I'm sure your daughters friend will too.

anizot said...

nice pattern.
http://mamaspatchwork.blogspot.com
http://www.triumphvillage.com