Sunday, August 3, 2008

Another flimsy completed


Don't you feel lucky! It's picture day in my house.


This quilt is for Abby...... she is my purple girl. I've always loved Sun Bonnet Sue and if I had been quilting when all of my girls were little they would have had a quilt a long time ago.


The Sues are appliqued using freezer paper. The bowties are from various swaps and ones that I have made.


Thanks to Judy Laquidara's encouragement (and saying it was "OK") I went ahead with my original plan to put the bowties around the outside and have the top/bottom and side purple borders two different widths (to accommodate the bowties).


So this one has moved up to the 'needs quilted and bound' list. Now to work on some more Sues and get the other two flimsies made and quilted. I am hoping to hand quilt, but who knows.

10 comments:

Sweet P said...

What a gorgeous top! Your cat looks like he's feeling pretty good. I'll do my 10 favorite things on my blog in a few minutes.

Vicki W said...

I think the bowtie border is perfect!

Hazel said...

I love it ,what a great quilt for a girl .The bow ties in the border are perfect .

Pauline said...

Hey mate,
I actually love the bowtie border, reckon its great! Miss overachiever you...lol

Gina said...

I think it's great. I love the mix of the blocks and sue's

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Kucki68 said...

I always loved Sunbonnet Sue and think the bowties both in the center and as border work very well with the appliqued blocks.

Pauline said...

Hey matey,

I love the bowtie border..think it looks great!

Tracy said...

Cool bowtie border! One of my favorite blocks is the bowtie.

Barb said...

That is a great combo of blocks, the Sunbonnet Sue and the Bowtie - your layout makes it perfect for a girl. The Bowtie Border really sets it off!

julieQ said...

This is so darling in your 1930's fabrics, she will just love it! I love your combination of blocks.