Monday, July 14, 2008

Saying goodbye to a friend


Violet Kitty is going back to the shelter tomorrow. Today, for some unknown reason, she has attacked Smokey twice. Smokey was literally climbing the blinds to get away the second time. After the first attack I took her to the vet as there was an injury by her tail.


I hate taking an animal to the shelter. They will have to tag her for adoption as the 'only cat' in a family. I hope she is able to find a good home where she can be the only kitty.
I'm sorry to be such a downer...... she's been such a good and loving kitty and I just don't understand what happened.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Oh geez, I am sorry that you needed to do that Nancy, but you are right the attacks are unfortunate but for most pets it is about territory, sometimes it is just too close to share! Sounds like she would be wonderful in a one pet situation, we will hold that thought for her!

Julie said...

Sorry to hear it. But you want to have a peaceful home for your pets, so it is certainly understandable.

Gina said...

I'm sorry about that. Sometimes we don't know why an animal reacts the way they do. It's obviuosly a power struggle.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Katie said...

That's sad, but it happens. Over the years I've had to return two dogs. We do the best we can!

I've nominated you for a blogging award. The details are on my weblog.

Have a great day,
Katie

Bernadette said...

Thats very sad for you, I hope they find her a good home as the only cat in the house.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm sorry your kitty didn't play nice with others. I'm sure someone will take her home and love just her! You gave it your best shot!
Regina