Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finished Another Project




I started cutting five inch charm squares from my 30's prints yesterday. Some of you know that our central air is down so the sewing room gets warm, especially with the iron on.

Anyway, I decided to tough it out and work in a warm room and finished cutting out the charm squares and put together a Charm Party Tote. This is the second one I've made.

I noticed this time that the fusible fleece made it 'bulkier' than the first one, especially in the handles. I'm wondering if I used something different the first time around (my friend brought those pieces to retreat).

Oh well, I like it. I think the scrappy 30's prints look really great in the tote.

8 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That bag is so cute! I have been looking for that pattern locally and haven't found it yet. I guess I'll have to order it online. You did a great job on yours!
Regina

Suzan said...

Congratulations on a finish! I can't imagine how you are managing with this heat and humidity. Thank goodness it is supposed to cool down a bit! I can't make myself do ANYTHING - it's making me crazy!!

Barb said...

Nancy that is a very neat tote -- what pattern are you using? Did your fusible make it stiff (?) I think sometimes the heat of the iron can cause that to happen, or maybe the "no A/C" did it ;>)!! Have a great evening!

Silverthimble said...

I am also making a tote from this pattern. I am finding that the pattern has way too much fleece in it. If I make this one again, I will leave out the fleece on the lining and pockets!

Sweet P said...

Your bag is adorable! I love that pattern made with 30s prints.

Jeanne said...

That's a great way to use some charms! I can't imagine working without a/c. Glad you found your fabric, too.

julieQ said...

Very cute bag! Love the charm squares. I have made a couple bags myself lately...free, because it is all from the stash! At least that is what I tell myself...:)

Jay's Salt Box Houses said...

Nice tote! Sorry to hear about your a/c. Not fun! It was 108 here today. blech.