Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

And on the second day, there was AIR!!!!!!


Last night I turned to my hubby and said "Whatever happened to the window AC units that used to be here before your grandparents put in the central air???"


Sorry guys, but leave it to the WOMAN to think of these things. So now there is a small unit up in our oldest daughter's room (which is one end of the attic) and another larger unit in the living room. The house is much cooler and with fans blowing the air is circulating. The man and his dad are now down in the basement tearing out the oil-eating furnace and going to replace it with a heat pump...... this task came sooner than later.


I am a much happier person today...... and therefore my children and husband are much happier as well. After all, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

5 comments:

Regina said...

Oh you got that right! Hubby says he went right from "I Do" to "Yes, Dear!"...

So glad to hear things are cooler. I am actually dreading going home from work today. Ugh...

Lori in South Dakota said...

My husband quotes that to everyone! And grins!

vtquilter said...

So true! Glad that things are cooler for you. We only have A/C's in our bedroom and the baby's room.... but being home all day now with the baby for a few years I am thinking we will be investing in one for downstairs!

JudyL said...

Good for you for thinking of the window units. Can you even comprehend what life was like before a/c? I can't!

Candace said...

I feel your pain. I live in Central Florida where it stays hot all summer (and part of the spring and fall, and even sometimes in winter) and we just replaced our AC. It was about 17 years old, so it hung in there, but having a newer one is nice, and I'm hoping to see smaller electric bills. I still haven't gotten over my sticker shock though. Hope your issues have been resolved.