Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

When do you count it "out of your stash"?

Beth and I were discussing this question this evening......... "When do you count it out of your stash?"

I have noticed on Vicki's and Judy's blogs that they post and in and out listing of their stash used or acquired toward their goal of 100 yards out of the stash. But what counts as out?

Beth said that if you take stash, cut it up, and make blocks then it is out because you can't put it back as stash. She also pointed out that maybe it isn't counted as 'out' until the quilt is finished.

So, my question to you is........ "When do you count it as OUT"?

10 comments:

Suzan said...

It is out when it is in something else...that's how I look at it. If it is sewn into something else, I consider it out of the stash...not when it is quilted. Actually quilted is an entirely different thing!

Vicki W said...

I count it only when the project is done but a lot of people count it as soon as it's cut. You get to make your own rules!

Gina said...

When I've used it, however I've used it.
I do know some one who counts it out of her stash when she puts it to one side to use in a quilt. She says it then becomes part of a homemade kit.

love and hugs xxx

Sweet P said...

I count fabric out of my stash when blocks are made. If a block, or blocks, don't get into a quilt they become orphan blocks.

Moneik said...

I would count it out when it's cut to be used for something, because then there is no going back. I don't have much stash, so I really can't be a stashbuster. I'm a builder.

Regina said...

...until it is all used up, it is never out of my stash... that's the joy/burden of doing scrappy stuff...

Smiles! Becca said...

mmmmm when the peoject is done.otherwise it gives me permission to addit to my UFO closet!

Barb said...

Good question, hmmmmm I would say "out" would be when it becomes part of a project -- cut and sewn! Perhaps I will never have a true "out of stash" because I don't seem to complete projects! So for me maybe UFO should count as "out" - ;-D !!

Helen in the UK said...

I guess everyone counts in their own way. For me it isn't 'out' until the quilt is finished :)

thegoldenneedle said...

I think it should be counted as soom as the binding is put on!!! Then its ready for its next purpose. Plus who says "stash" has to be yardage.....what about the books, patterns, tops waiting to be quilted, UFO's..... so I think we each have our goal as far as the "stash" is concerned.

Karen L