Saturday, June 21, 2008

What to name this?



This is a UFO I started at retreat about 2-3 years ago. I had the strips cut and took them to a retreat, didn't do anything with them. The next retreat I got the strip sets together; the next one I got the triangles cut.


So this winter I decided it was time to put it together. Needless to say the top sat for a while until I got the back pieced.


I machine quilted it using my Viking and my walking foot in the main part, my free motion foot in the border. I thought it turned out well.

9 comments:

Amelia said...

How about "Kaliedoscope"...that is what came to mind when I first saw the picture on your post.

Amelia

Gina said...

My first impression was fireworks

love and hugs xxx

Barb said...

My mind went to "Spinning Pinwheels", any name will be the right name the quilt is pretty and bright, I like it! Also I love the "kitty" on your previous blog entry, that is just so cute, on the quilt no less!!

Katie said...

And I saw a riot of hot colored flowers in a garden. Zinnias?

Shelly said...

I thought of a water wheel when I saw it. Beautiful quilt no matter the name. Thank you for sharing it!

loulee1 said...

Looks kind of 'Harlequin' to me.

Tracy said...

Yes, something to do with fireworks...and a fair maybe.

Kucki68 said...

How about Hot, Hot, Hot as a quilt name? It looks great in any case.

vtquilter said...

Pretty quilt. I like the fireworks thought Gina had. Glad to know someone else has a Viking machine!