Monday, June 9, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever


The new graduate and I went to get more strawberries this morning. I wasn't sure what we would find as it has been beyond wicked hot here (and everywhere else on the east coast). Surprisingly they were in good shape. I used six quart for more jam (17 more jars) and the child said she wanted Bisquick strawberry shortcakes instead of a pie for dessert. Ok, that is two more quart cut up. There are two more quart in the fridge waiting to be cut up and frozen for future strawberry ice cream.


I am hoping to get one more pie made this season........ but that depends on the heat and the berries.

3 comments:

Suzan said...

Only an INCREDIBLE mother would pick strawberries on a day like today with this crazy heat! I'll bet they are delicious!!

Candace said...

I'm with your daughter, bisquick strawberry shortcake is my favorite, with warm shortcake, cold strawberries (or even warm), and whipped cream. Yum.

jillquilts said...

Mmmm!! Send some jam my way! I haven't had any good homemade jam in the longest time!