Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pineapple Sundae

A few of my friends and I from guild have formed a small group. We call ourselves the "Sundae Quilters". The name comes from our love of ice cream and quilting and it all started two years ago after selling guild raffle quilt tickets at Quilt Odyssey in Hershey.

I am on the program committee for guild and this fall Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville is coming to lecture at our meeting and lead a workshop the day before. I asked the Sundae Quilters if they would like to work on the Pineapple Blossom pattern with me so that we could use the quilts as advertisements and samples for Bonnie's visit.

Each of us cut up some Fat Quarters and shared the strips. We each chose our own white fabric. So now there are five quilts using the same colored strips but with different 'centers' and borders. We had a lot of fun making them at retreat this spring and they really did help advertise Bonnie's upcoming visit.

16 comments:

Amelia said...

Very colorful!

swooze said...

Pretty!

Sweet P said...

I like the name of your little group. Your Pineapple quilt is great.

Julie said...

that is a very beautiful quilt. makes me want to try that pattern...

jillquilts said...

Very cool quilt! And a great way to advertise for Bonnie. I am jealous that you get to meet her! I wonder if I can convince my Guild to invite her next year...

Regina said...

I love the quilt - and wish I could sneak down to PA when Bonnie is there. She used to be in my sister's quilt guild before she moved - and my sis and I LOVE her patterns!!! My MIL collects pineapples and I have been tempted to make this one for her.

Amanda said...

What a cheerful looking quilt. I bet they would look amazing all massed together - will you be doing that for Bonnie's visit?

Rhonda said...

Beautiful quilt! I love that pattern! It's on my to do list.

Roslyn Atwood said...

A great scrappy quilt, very pretty.
Roslyn

Passionate Quilter said...

Wow--that turned out great!

Donna said...

Very nice job. It looks great.

Helen in the UK said...

Great quilt and I bet it was fun to be working to make them as a group! I love this pattern and it is on my 'to do' list .... hopefully soon :)

Kucki68 said...

sounds like a lot of fun!

Michelle said...

Love your pineapple quilt. I plan to make one too...I have been cutting my scraps into the right size strips. I have one block done so far! LOL

creativedawn said...

Hello Nancy,
Yes, your pineapple is a pretty quilt! Now where are you located in PA that Bonnie Hunter is going to visit? I live in Philadelphia...
Pam

Helen in the UK said...

Great quilt!! Even more fun that your group worked on similar quilts at retreat. Fun to quilt, even more fun to share with quilting friends :)