Monday, May 5, 2008

Need Your Opinions




Quilters are always willing to lend a hand (actually a brain cell) when it comes to making decisions about fabrics and such. So I'm asking you for your opinion.
My husband's great-aunt bought a 'quilt' at a department store and asked if I could quilt more on it. I said no, it would just get all bunchy...... this is what would happen with a $30 made in China quilt. So I told her to take it back and I'd make her one.
I bought this cool tropical print at the Old Country Store in Lancaster last year and knew it would be a stack-n-whack. Now my dilemma is the background.
I bought the coral pink specifically for the background, but I'm not sure if it will fight the pinwheels. What do you think? (Can you tell I really want to use this?)
The green sample is just for a green........ not what I'd use....... I'll have to go shopping for that if I decide to go green.
Thanks for your help!!

15 comments:

Suzan said...

I like the coral background except that some of the floral in the S&W piece gets lost. Maybe a lighter green with some "movement".

Tracy F said...

Maybe use the coral as a border or sashing and a lighter green.

Amelia said...

I also vote for a green background. I think the coral is a pretty color and the pattern in it is great...but too busy to go with the pinwheels.

Let us know what you finally decide.

Amelia in oklahma

paula, the quilter said...

My vote is for the green. Use the coral in an inner border and then do a darker outer border. Just my 2 cents worth.

Canadian Gail said...

A lighter green.

Suzanne Earley said...

i vote for a green background, too....

Barb said...

Yep green gets my vote, I almost want to say Lime Green, just to make it pop! Neat block, be sure to show us the final decision :>)!

Amanda said...

I'm with everyone else on this - the block gets a bit lost in the busy pink fabric. A green would look good and then perhaps use the pink in the borders

loulee1 said...

I'd stay away from the pink. Nice looking blocks.

Kucki68 said...

Depends on what you are going for: if you want contrast go with the green (a slightly lighte one maybe?), if you want blended the coral is good.

Regina said...

I don't like the dark green - but I do like the coral - the pinwheels just look a little rounder, but still fun and lively.

Karen L said...

I like the green background. Makes the stars really pop.

Karen L

Michele said...

I don't think it's just the color of the coral fabric, but the busy-ness of the pring - you really need something that won't compete with the pinwheels.

Kathy Wagner said...

I like the darker background.

auntann11 said...

Love the block colors. It is hard to say about the background without seeing all the blocks, unless they all look pretty much the same. I don't really like the dark one. What about laying them out on a light navy or blue/violet?