Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Underground Railroad Quilt


Yeah!! It is finished!! Well it was finished last week but I had to upload the camera software since we got the new hard drive.

I had the fabric for this for a while, and finished the top over a year ago. Then last summer, I started hand quilting it. Last fall I told the twins' Social Studies teacher that if he needed someone to fill a slot at Civil War Day this spring I would be glad to talk to the 8th graders about the Legend of the Quilts and the Underground Railroad....... he took me up on the offer. Needless to say I was trying to get it done.

So the sleeve went on the back yesterday and it is ready to roll. This is only the second quilt I have hand quilted..... and I'm rather proud of it.

5 comments:

Suzan said...

You should be proud! Great quilt!!

Katie said...

As you should be! It's wonderful. :-)

Amelia said...

A big mission accomplished. I bet you are happy with such a wonderful job. You should be very proud of yourself with this undertaking. Hand quilting takes time but just remember that you are sewing love in each and every stitch.

Amelia in Oklahoma

Hazel said...

Good for you ,you have every right to be proud ,the quilt is beautiful and I bet you will find the kids are very interested in the history .

jillquilts said...

Definitely should be proud! Awesome quilt! Congrats!