Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Finally Picked my Orange Crush Mystery Colors


I finally got my yardage pieces for the Orange Crush mystery from Bonnie Hunter. I chose a lime green, salmon red, black, and a blue with 'bubbles' on it. I had to go to the quilt shop for the green, red, and black........ the blue is from my stash.


I don't have a lot of yardage that isn't earmarked for something else or wasn't bought to go with a focal print. Most of my yardage that is 'just yardage' is made up of focal prints.... thus having to go buy more yardage to use it in a quilt. Am I doing this backwards??


Anyway, I'll wash and press these and wait for Step #2. I know Bonnie is visiting guilds in Maryland right now and I hope she is having a wonderful time. I am looking forward to her visit to my guild in October.


8 comments:

Suzan said...

I have been thinking seriously about doing this quilt but I am still teetering on the edge. I would love to try some colors that are totally outside my comfort zone. I DO still have that 20% off coupon from Burkholders...

julieQ said...

Won't those go nicely together! It will be fun to see how this mystery shapes up!

jillquilts said...

Love your color choices! They look great together!

Barb said...

Oh I am jealous that Bonnie is coming to your guild in Oct. I would love to hear/see her! She just seems so down-to-earth with her ideas! I am getting closer to trying one of her mystery quilts, normally I don't do mystery quilts, because I tend to pull ALL of the wrong fabrics LOL! Have fun I will watch your progress -- hopefully you will share with pics!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love your color choices! It's almost time for clue 2...I'm so ready.....

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Love the color choices! I was looking at almost buying the yardage for this a few days ago...but decided I have to finish some things first.

Katie said...

Great colors. I love that blue especially!

Connie said...

Those colors are just going to POP! Can't wait to see how it all progresses--your choices are really stunning!