Wednesday, April 9, 2008

1930's Repro Fabrics and my Yahoo Group


I love 1930's reproduction fabrics. I think it comes from loving the Sunbonnet Sue Quilt when I was little..... and totally loved to death (I just found out it was actually my older sister's quilt..... oh well).


So my love of these fabrics translated into a group on Yahoo......... I call it Feedsack Friends. We just finished swapping various sizes of Churn Dash blocks and they turned out really nice.


Our new swap is the Pieced Tulip. I made one up to show the gals and I am hoping it goes over well. I spent much of yesterday designing a quilt with it in EQ6.......such great practice using the program.


Anyway, if you like 30's fabrics and want to join the group, here is the address: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/feedsackfriends/


We try to have at least 2-3 swaps each year. So far the blocks have been really beautiful and the fabrics are lovely...... some of which I've never seen.


Back to the sewing room!

No comments: