Friday, March 7, 2008

Really HUGE brain cramp

Ok, I pulled out a quilt top to show to my friend yesterday.... it is going to be the next one I hand quilt. It is a 30's print sampler with an applique border of vines, leaves and flowers.

So, what do I find???? I left the leaves off of one border!!!! Talk about panic mode. I wasn't even sure I still had leaves (though I do remember thinking why do I have all of these extra leaves?)

Well crisis averted, stand down from Red Alert, I found the leaves. Now to applique them down and THEN baste it.

Anyone else ever have a brain cramp like this?

6 comments:

Regina said...

Mine is more like the gremlins stealing blocks I "KNOW" that I made - and then running out of fabric trying to replace them...

Both quilts involved are done (they were sharing some blocks) -but heck if I can find the zip bag with the 10 blocks that went AWOL....

Glad you found your leaves!

Vicki W said...

LOL! If anyone answers "never" they are lying!

Suzan said...

My dear...At my age, brain cramps are a daily occurrence!

Teresa said...

I am just impressed you were able to find the leaves !

julieQ said...

Yep, sure do! I am cleaning out my quilting area and sure enough, found parts of projects scattered throughout...

jillquilts said...

Around here, they are called brain farts and they happen ALL the time! :)