Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm in a shlump

I have found myself in a quilting schlump. I have so many things I need to be doing that I don't feel like doing any of them. And I don't want to start a new project because I want to finish all the ones that have been hanging out there for a while.

I am also wrestling with buying a mid or long arm. I want to be able to finish my own quilts and crawling around on the floor pin basting and wrestling with a quilt in a sewing machine isn't my cup of tea anymore.

Oh well, sorry to be such a downer. Maybe tomorrow will bring some motivation.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Oh boy, do I know that feeling. So much to do, and I don't feel like doing anything. I think it's our subconcious making sure we take a break. When I get like that I lay on the couch and reread old quilting magazines. Eventually the motivations returns.
I also went through the dilemma of whether or not to buy the quilting machine. Last May I bought an HQ16 because a) I gave up on handquilting when it took me 4 years to finish 2 quilts and b)I am not nearly talented or patient enough to machine quilt on my old Kenmore c)Paying someone to finish my tops didn't work for me, because even though they are beautiful when they come back, I don't feel like they're MINE anymore. (these are justifications to add to your list of why you should buy a quilting machine.. Hee Hee)
Hang in there, the creative urge will strike again soon.

Sandra said...

We all get in those little times when we don't know what to do. I've been in one myself. I had 3 quilts ready for the quilter,I really wanted to do something new. I finally started on quilting the quilts.I'm on the second one.I like finishing what I have started.