I finally got the borders finished on my Carolina Crossroads top.... this is the mystery that Bonnie Hunter shared with us. It is hard to see, but the outer most border is black with white polka dots. This fabric shows up now and then in the body of the quilt.
From the beginning I had decided that the border had to contain nine-patches to carry the theme of the quilt out to the ends. Little did I know that after making 280 nine-patch blocks for the quilt, plus the Half Square Units for the set in triangles..... then adding 88 more nine-patch blocks on for the border, I would have nearly 3000 one-inch squares in the body of my quilt.
Now to get it quilted.