Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Dragon Dilemma


If you've been following my blog you saw a past post about my Hot Flash Quilt. When I took it to my friend Donna to long arm on her APQS Millenium, the idea came up to put a Dragon on it, breathing flames down onto the quilt. The entire design was done using YLI varigated thread in yellow/orange/red. After looking at it, we decided it needed some green to help bring the detail of the dragon out on the front (you could see it fine on the back as it is solid red). So, I borrowed some green Sulky thread and came home and went over her wonderful design using green. I really think it helped to make the dragon pop.


Now my dilemma is........... do I need to add a little metallic to him to bring him out further? Donna and I are talking about adding some crystals at various points in the flames. She graciously sent some home with me so I could lay them out and play.


Do dragons need bling? Let me know what you think.

11 comments:

Greenmare said...

Of course dragons need bling! That's why they steal treasure! You could also do something blingey and cool to his eye~
He is just great!

Shellie said...

I love the quilt. The colors are fabulous! The dragon is a great idea but I agree, he does need a little something to stand out more. I think metalics would do the trick.

Steel Scraps said...

Your dragon is awesome!

Dragons do love the shiney.

sweetnstacked72 said...

Hello I finally got a blogspot setup. I like the quilt, and the dragon.

sweetnstacked72 said...

beautiful,,, and the dragon looks nice,, maybe some BLING will give him more UMPH!!!

Sarah Nopp said...

whoa! That is a WONDERFUL dragon.
And yes, add sparklies- all dragons have sparkly things.

Gina said...

He is absolutely gorgeous. The red dragon is the national symbol for Wales. I think a touch of metallics but be careful not to overdo it.

love and hugs xxx

Randi said...

I love your dragon...a few crystals in the flames would be nice, I think.

Sherry said...

Your dragon is wonderful! I would use extra bling carefully, when I enlarged the picture it appeared that the thread is already "blingy". . too much glitz might overpower the full effect of the quilt.

NancyE10 said...

I think the flames would light up his teeth with some GREAT bling!! It's a wonderful addition to a HOT FLASH quilt!! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Love the dragon and yes I think he needs some sparkle.... Beads and crystals might just be the thing.